woensdag 14 december 2011

Number 18


“You can laugh. But the last time I listened to this record the whole damn house collapsed!”


Number 18


The first time I saw these guys perform they played in a worn down factory changed into a cultural venue in the lovely city of Utrecht, Holland on a cold and windy Sunday afternoon back in 2009. Also on the bill was the incredible Dutch band Automatic Sam. And both these outfits truly delivered this year. Automatic Sam released their amazing album Texino. But the trio we find on number 18, had only just released their second album Brain Cycles back then and are now returning with their third installment. Both bands blew me away and I ended up buying shirts and all vinyl I could get my hands on. The album released this year is a continuation of their Hendrix heavy psychedelic blues invoking the spirit of Zeppelin, Cream and all that good stuff from the sixties and seventies. Or, it might simply be that the album's protagonist was born in that era and made its great escape through time to help them out right here, right now…


Radio Moscow - The Great Escape of Leslie Magnafuzz


4 opmerkingen:

  1. Good album! Especially love the 'album' feel to it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I forgot all about this - I would of been on my list if I had remembered!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. 18 is too little. Top 5 at least.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. It's realy to low on the list, damned!!
    Saw them play at the Yellowstock festival and they realy FUZZ BIG TIME!!!, and this record just continues where they ended with on Brain Cycles, AWESOME!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.