woensdag 7 oktober 2015

Brond – Feint Ep


Brond – Feint Ep
Magnetic Eye Records – 2015
Metal, Prog, Core
Rated: *****

In my neck of the woods hardcore had a son and it was called grunge. And if that's true, the grandson of hardcore would have to sound like Brond from Bulgaria. Their new EP Feint is out on Magnetic Eye Records and it is quite captivating. My best description of Brond would be Prong meets Yes or Rush. I know it sounds weird, but progcore fits the bill. These guys are the shit; the real deal Holyfield baby!! They roll up a shit storm of influences and not only make it work, but they sound killer. The record is technical and on point. The drummer is on fire. The guitars and bass are fuel for that fire, and the vocals are very NYC hardcore; Reminiscent of Helmet and Tommy Prong. But I am pretty sure there maybe more than one vocalist on the EP. The vocal style does change here and there. I really love this record. It reminded me of the first time I heard Nirvana. Maybe not as extreme, but it was something new and fresh and gave me hope that there was a new scene on the horizon. Awesome job Brond. Also, thank you to Magnetic Eye Records for bringing us this excellent act. I urge all music fans to check them out!

(Written by Charlie Tooth)




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.